Recipe: Quinoa Fried Rice (The Real Deal)
I’m sure there are some repeats of this recipe, but I found it first on Cooking for Keeps. Not only do I love quinoa, but also I can successfully say it is a very adaptable substitute for most healthy items.
I’ve wanted to try this since I found it on Pinterest, and it is a 100% keeper. I don’t say this often, but you really can’t tell that much of difference from the original dish. I’ll substitute quinoa for white rice when I’m losing weight any day. It’s definitely tempting to eat past the recommended portion size.
Here’s what you’ll need:
Author: Nicole-Cooking for Keeps
Serves: 4 or 6-8 side portions
- 1 cup quinoa (or 2½ to 3 cups leftover cooked quinoa)
- 1 ½ cups water or low-sodium chicken stock
- ¼ small onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 scallions, chopped and divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 eggs, lightly scrambled (still raw)
- ½ cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 ½ tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 2 ½ tablespoons soy sauce
- ¾ teaspoon sesame oil
To learn how to prepare it, click here.
Note: I added chicken to mine to add additional texture and protein. Don’t regret it. However, I would add a few more vegetables, and at least one more egg to compensate for the extra food.
About the Author: Ashley Hasna is a movie, book, and food lover (hence gym attendence) who loves to work with social media. Despite eating healthy, she still loves brownies. Follow her on Twitter.