Increase aerobic capacity & fat metabolism. Focus on continually training the body to use energy more efficiently.
Offers options for every level of fitness. Challenges both the anaerobic and aerobic energy systems involving high intensity work followed by recovery.
Increases cardiovascular strength & muscular endurance through slow, steady resistant work. Recovery is critical.
A combination of energy zones: endurance, strength, and intervals.
A selection of one of the above class formats.
3 weeks to prepare for a final race day. Attend each week, drink loads of H2O, and the 4th week you ride 30 minutes at 100 rpm at 85% – 92% of MHR. Adaptable for new and seasoned riders.
- Arrive 10 minutes early and plan to stay for the entire class.
- Leave your cell phone home, in the car, in a locker, not in the room.
- Water bottles and a towel are required.
- Gel seat or biking shorts recommended.
- Heart rate monitors are recommended.