Sports Mall Winter Cycling FAQ
When Does it Start?
- Session 1 of Camp runs from November 14th thru December 17th.
- Session 2 of Camp runs from January 2th thru February 4th. (You don’t need to have participated in Session 1 to sign up for Session 2).
- Session 3 of Camp runs from February 13th thru March 18th. (Again, not progressive).
- Session 4 of Camp runs from March 27th thru April 29th. (Once more, not progressive).
Class Times at the Sports Mall:
Please pick a preferred track – AM or PM track:
- AM Track
- Mon, Wed – 6:30 am to 8:00 am
- PM Track
- Tue, Thu – 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm
- Both Tracks
- Bonus 2 Hour ride on Saturday 6:00-8:00 am
*More classes may be added depending on enrollment levels.
What is the Cost of the Program?
Winter Cycling – $99 Members $129 Non Members
Optional Private Session – Personal Threshold Test $70 – purchased at Front Desk – schedule with Scott/Anna.
Am I able to attend any class any day or do I need to pick one timeslot?
Campers purchase the AM or the PM track. You may attempt to substitute any given week (cuz stuff happens), but you will be last priority for getting a bike (not recommended).
Is Hourly Childcare available during the rides?
Childcare is available during certain PM timeslots. Please contact the Tot Spot at (801) 261-3426 x106 with any questions.
What kind of cleats do I need?
We use Schwinn/Johnny G Spinners with Shimano SPD pedals.
Can I bring my own pedals?
We apologize, but no. The damage to the threads is overwhelming, plus there isn’t time both before and after class to switch the pedals out.
Can I bring my own saddle?
We have new bikes – the Star Trac’s are gone. Don’t have a part# for you – so for now – have to say – “no for now.”
If I’m a non-member, how did I gain entry into the Sports Mall?
Please arrive at least 20 minutes early to your first class. Your name will be on a roster at the front desk if you have paid your tuition and registered. Give the front desk your name, and they will hand you a keychain barcode. This barcode will give you access 1 hour prior to the beginning of each Camp class and expires at the end of the session.
If I have a question about Camp. Who do I contact and how?