Sharks & Minnows Swim Team Fall Registration (September/October/November) is Now Open!!!!!
There are two teams for swim team: Sharks and Minnows. Below is the description of the swimming levels for each team. This provides ALL levels of swimmers the opportunity for stroke development and conditioning through coaching and modeling. The goal is to inspire and motivate swimmers through positive reinforcement by advancement from Minnows to the Sharks Team and so on!!!
Workout times are the same schedule for both Teams!
- Pre–competitive Swim Team designed as a stepping-stone from group lessons to Sharks competitive swim team. Swimmers need to be able to swim 25 yards or one length of the pool without stopping.
- Coaches will introduce swimmers to the skills needed for competitive swimming, as well as help develop endurance and technique skills necessary for Shark team practices.
- Graduation from Minnows to Sharks when the swimmer can swim 25 yards proper technique in each of the four strokes.
- There will be intersquad meets to simulate formal swim meets and also swimmer assessment and evaluation for advancement to the Sharks Swim Team!
Excellent physical activity that allows potential for swimmers to think about making a high school or college swimming program (potential college scholarships for serious swimmers) year round! Or just good social fun while developing and enhancing endurance and healthy lifestyle conditioning.
Swimmers must be able to swim:
- 50 yards Freestyle
- 25 yards Backstroke
- 25 yards Breaststroke
- 25 yards Butterfly
Practices will be held MONDAY THRU FRIDAY from 4pm to 5pm for swimming!
- Optional conditioning for all swimmers following swim practice – Time: 5:10pm to 5:45pm, Monday through Friday:
- Dryland will include: stretching, beginner yoga, medicine balls, stretch chords, some running and other physical fitness activities, please inquire with Coach Ashley for further information.
- In addition to the 5 workdays per week there is also the opportunity for one Saturday a month skills clinic where swimmers can work on very specific technique in each of the four strokes including a starts and turns clinic.
- Schedules for dryland and skills clinic will be available September 1. Depending on the level of interest may impact dates and times.
- There will be swim meets each month. Swim meet schedules will be posted after September 1.
Monthly cost for Fall Session: $55
Skills Clinic (once a month): TBD
Weekly conditioning class ‘dryland’: TBD
Coaches contact information:
- Mark Maurer 801.244.1122
- Ashley Smith 801.232.1945
- Email address: Sportsmallsharks@gmail.com
MASTERS SWIM TEAM: (18 & up)
Ideal for adults who would like to improve their endurance, cross-train, has an interest in triathlons, look to better technique and style, or simply love to swim.
Dates: Every Tuesday and Thursday (except holidays)
- 6:30 – 7:30 am
- 5:30 – 6:30 pm
- $35 a month for Sports Mall Members
- $45 a month for Non Members
PRIVATE SWIM LESSONS
Private swim lessons offer one-on-one instruction for all ages and abilities. These lessons are 30 minutes long and can be scheduled any day of the year when the pool is open for lap swimming. To schedule your private swimming lessons please call the Sports Mall at 801-261-3426 ext 117.
- $25.00 for One Private Swim Lesson for Sports Mall Members.
- $35.00 for One Private Swim Lesson for Non-Members.
- $100 for Five Private Swim Lessons for Sports Mall Members.
- $125 for Five Private Swim Lessons for Non-Members.
SEMI-PRIVATE SWIM LESSONS
Semi-Private Swim Lessons offer one-on-two (or more) instruction for swimmers similar in age and swimming ability. These lessons are also 30 minutes long and can be scheduled any day the pool is open for lap swimming. To register for Semi-Private Swim Lessons please call the Sports Mall 801-262-3426 ext 117.
- $72.50 per student for Five Semi-Private Lessons for Sports Mall Members.
- $92.50 per student for Five Semi-Private Lessons for Non-Members.
Our instructors are American Red Cross certified instructors who have experience teaching swim lessons, or who are accomplished swimmers themselves. Our instructors follow the American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor guidelines and are certified in CPR and AED.
Questions Please Call 801-261-3426 x 117